Fun- but busy
I had friends here from: Idaho, New Mexico, other parts of Colorado (though they didn't spend the night) and a 4 night guest from Michigan.
On of my forum friends from Sonlight was in town from Idaho so I invited people over, a friend came up from New Mexico, we had a potluck, that left me with a huge amount of leftovers, so I didn't have to cook Sunday or Monday. Friday my friend came up from New Mexico and my friend from Michigan was in town as her daughter is going to go to school here this year (University of CO at CO Springs). I can't even remember what we had for dinner, something easy I'm sure. Saturday was a potluck and my friend from ID and I had blood work done at the local hospital, she needed a test run (she has Deep Vein Thrombosis and needed levels checked) and I needed my vit D checked last week and didn't get it done, so I got it done Sat. Then we had the party at my house, a lovely potluck with about 10 ladies here and one darling 16 day old baby.
Then everyone but two people left and my bestest friends came over for part of that. We visited till 11;30 or so and then went to bed. The next morning my friend from New Mexico went home and my friend from ID went to church with a childhood friends who happens to live here now.
I ushered on Sunday morning. In the afternoon I did some schoolwork and then drove friend from ID to Denver where she was staying in a hotel that night. She bought me dinner (at Chipotle - yummy) and put some gas in my van for driving her there. I got home about 9;30 and talked to my friend from Michigan till 11:30.
Tuesday morning my friend from Michigan had to fly home - her flight was at 6:00 am, so we left at 4:30 (yawn), but she was leaving out of Colorado Springs, which was nice as it's 15 miles and Denver is 80 miles, though Denver is usually (but not always) cheaper to fly out of. Then there wasn't time to to come home, as it was 5:15, I would have gotten home at 5:45 and left for work again at 6:30, so I just went to work early.
Worked all day, then did checking people in at church for the photography sessions for the pictorial directory - that was 3:15 - 7, then I came home and did some schoolwork and corrected Anthony's and collapsed into bed at 10.
Today I slept in till 6 (haha) and worked till 2:30, got home at 3 and then did all the stuff in my other post, coming soon to the blog.
Tomorrow Thursday, I have schoolwork, Anthony has drama 3-5 (and regular school electives 9:30 - 2) and Byron's working 3-10.
Friday I work and we have our picture taken at church for the directory ( and a free 8x10) at 2:30, then home for schoolwork, Byron has Friday off. As long as we're there and will be taking extra pictures of us anyway, I might ask them to do one or two of Anthony as a senior picture. I have a 25% off coupon and there isn't a sitting fee.
Saturday I have the morning free and am helping with check in at church from 1-5 and then have the evening free.
Sunday is ushering at church (I think that's the end of the month and then I'm done ushering till spring).
I think that's it.
It's all fun, it's all worthwhile, I like all of it, it's just sorta busy.
Also, I'm trying to figure out if I can handle seeing Julie and Julia or whatever that movie that everyone is talking about is called. I know lots of people who have seen it, but I'm trying to figure out if it's my type of movie or if it will fuss me by being too emotionally based and not plot driven. I'm researching and asking questions about it. What do you think? Emotionally based movies make me crazy, but this sounds good and it might be plot driven enough, but I'm not sure.
Discover the Ultimate Online Gaming Experience
6 hours ago
That meetup: I remember hearing about that. What an awesome thing that must have been. So, did you ever see the Julia Child movie, I wonder?
ReplyDeleteNo, I never did. I'm still thinking about it. LOL! I don't decide on which movies to watch lightly. Maybe I will, I hear it's on Netflix instant watch. I just so rarely watch TV unless the guys are watching it and I watch what they turn on. Only a few times a year do I intentionally, of my own volition, turn on a show and then it's nearly always a historical documentary on history or religion.
ReplyDelete