Friday, August 21, 2009

Marry Me Matilda Muffins

I've been eating these muffins every day for breafkfast, they work out to 4 WW points each, I might try part (or all) applesauce for the oil and the the points down a bit. However, they are very tasty, fill me up and make a perfect muffin for work.

I don't know who Matilda is or if she ever got married, but I'm sure glad my friend Angi on the Songlight forums posted the recipe!

Marry Me, Matilda Muffins

1 - 20 oz box Raisin Bran
3 - cups sugar
5 - cups flour
5 - tsp baking soda
2 - tsp salt

**optional spices**
4 - tsp cinnamon
3 - tsp nutmeg
1 - tsp ground cloves
****

Mix all of these dry items together in a large bowl until well blended.

In a second bowl, beat

4 - eggs
1 - qt buttermilk
1 - cup oil

until well blended.

Pour over dry mix, stir until all ingredients are moist.
Using an ice cream scoop, scoop into muffin papers in muffin tin (or grease your muffin tin liberally).

Bake 15 - 18 minutes at 400 degrees. Tops will spring at a light touch in the center of the muffin when done.

MMMMMMmmmmm! Mmmmmm!

2 comments:

  1. I remember these! I wonder if you ever tried the applesauce, and how that worked out for you. I have a sack of apples in the fridge that I really should just turn into applesauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but I really should. I have applesauce and I think I may have the ingredients. I'll run it through the WW points recipe builder and see how many points they are with applesauce and give them a try. My recipe blog needs a muffin recipe anyway, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete