Today I did my daily bible reading (which has been less than daily for quite some time). 365 day - One Year bible for August 6: Ezra 3:1-4:24
1 Corinthians 2:6-3:4, a reading which spoke to me today in a way Ezra didn't. But then Ezra isn't St. Paul, is he?
Psalm 28:1-9 and Proverbs 20:24-25.
Also, I went to the Verizon store and checked in on my cell phone which is refusing to charge when it is on the charger. Also, it is a casualty of an unfortunate Diet Pepsi accident when Byron and I went camping a week ago. in a Thunderstorm in the night, I had a Diet Pepsi on a makeshift nightstand (Rubbermaid bin with kitchen equipment in it). My cell phone, glasses and nitro tabs were also on the nightstand/bin
A rather large thunderstorm passed by in the night and the side of the tent came in to meet the contents of the top of the rubbermaid bin, knocking the Diet Pepsi, nitro tab bottle, glasses and cell phone off the bin, where they sat till light of day. Alas, the phone didn't apparently enjoy it's few hour swim in Diet Pepis. It dried out quite nicely, worked for a week and now won't charge.
Verizon tells me I need a new phone. however, not having $200+ handy, that's a bit of a problem. A nice customer service rep at the Verizon store gave me the name of three places to check out that might cell used cell phones and/or less expensive phones that I might be able to check out, saving me half or more. So he says. I thanked the young man and came home. The phone is working for now, but won't as soon as it runs out of charge - I have a day or two max till that happens.
Byron's making yummy spring rolls for dinner, from scratch of course (well, using purchased spring roll wrappers), I brought groceries into the house and then ... then, did my yoga DVD, which I've been *thinking* about doing for a year. Today I actually DID it. With a back which is having spasming issues in the lower right. Actually the back spasms is what drove me to stop thinking about yoga and actually doing it.
Now to eat dinner (it's 8:30) and then possibly Walk Away the Pounds DVD, or maybe a game of cribbage with Byron instead, at which point I'll have studied the Bible, exercised, shopped for groceries, gone to the dreaded Verizon store and possibly exercise more. At that point reading a book would be a good plan, don't you agree?
Discover the Ultimate Online Gaming Experience
6 hours ago