Once back on the ship we showered and relaxed a bit. I really liked having the 8:15 dinner in the main dining room. It gave us some time to relax after a port day before scurrying off to dinner. It had been a cool, windy day. So I called for coffee and cookies from room service (ah, so enjoyed that luxury). They asked coffee for how many (2) and cookies for how many (2). I figured they'd send 4 cookies for 2 people. No, they sent about 10!?! So we ate those over the course of the next couple days. We watched the ship leaving port from the balcony.
However, Byron determined he didn't want dinner in the main dining room. This meant missing the Bitter & Blanc dessert I'd heard so much about on the cruisecritic forums, but switching a dessert to make a hubby happy is a small price to pay. And it had been a long day. So we head to the buffet. By the time we get up there, it wasn't very crowded. There was a show going on for the late seating guests (we didn't attend the show) and so it was fairly quiet up in the buffet. I had beef stroganoff and rice(um, it was warm and edible, but I wouldn't give it much more than that - but what does one expect from buffet beef stroganoff). I had a nice salad, they did have a good salad bar. We had lemonade with dinner, though Byron mixed his with iced tea. And I had a cup of coffee. I must have had something for dessert, but can't remember what.
After dinner we wandered around a bit and then were heading back to the room. It was cold, windy and the ship was fairly rocking. So, the deck party had moved inside. It was Mardi Gras on the Tuesday before Easter. Fancy that! So I told Byron I was going to the lobby for a bit. From the elevator I saw a few hundred people doing the "YMCA" song, that was quite a site! I watched (from Deck 7 interior balcony down to Deck 3 atrium lobby) for a few minutes and then headed down. The dancers were throwing beads and people were catching them. I watched that. And then everyone started in with a rousing chorus of "When the Saints go Marching In." I'm *FAR FAR* from a singer (by any stretch of the imagination) but I was happily singing along near the atrium lobby stage and everyone was marching off the Karaoke bar to crown the king and queen of Mardi Gras. All of a sudden I notice that Troy (cruise director) was next to me and he stuck the mike in my face, so I had a "solo" of sorts singing a chorus of "When the Saints Go Marching In." My first and last solo singing engagement!
I follow everyone off to the Karaoke bar and watch the cruise director choose the king and queen, that was fun. It was a sort of a contest, all very good natured. Then they started Karaoke, which isn't my thing. So I wandered out.
On the way back to the room I stopped in the Piano Bar for about 10-15 minutes and then headed back to the room. It had been a really long day. Byron was reading in the room and I got ready for bed. We were looking forward to Roatan Honduras.
Stay tuned for tomorrow: The Port Which Was Not to Be (followed by Grand Cayman, Sea Day and Disembarkation Day).
Thanks for reading the review!.
Why Digital Players Love Online Games
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment